Saturday 27 October 2012

Pesto.

One of my favourite sauces, if you make a jar of good pesto, you'll never have a tasteless meal! I have a pot of basil in my kitchen so I'm never out of basil to make me some pesto. Once made, you can store it in a jar topped with some extra virgin olive oil and it can last you for days. The first thing that comes to mind when you say pesto is ofcourse, pasta. But I like my pasta with creamy pesto and not with claggy lumps of basil. Where did I learn to make great pesto? Jamie Oliver. He is my guru and I think I'm his apprentice. Small glitch: He doesn't know...yet ;) So to make perfect pasta with pesto, mix the pesto you've made with some belchamel sauce until you get a light green colour. Add pieces of soft chicken breast, whole olives and some almonds soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes and you have the best pasta ever!

Let's do this!



How to make pesto?

INGREDIENTS:
  • Basil
  • Olive Oil
  • Lime
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Parmesan Cheese
  • Pine Nuts
  • Garlic
Put everything in a pestle and mortar (or food processor) and keep adding more of the seasoning until you're happy with the taste. I can't really give you amounts for the ingredients because everyone likes their pesto different.

Once you have this basic pesto you can use it as a spread, marinade and sauce and make the most spectacular dishes! If you need some more ideas on what to use it for, tweet me!

Stay Hungry!

xoxo
D

No comments:

Post a Comment