Wednesday 24 October 2012

My George & Gary Moment.

EEEEEEEEEEEP! I met them, I met them! I know you know how much I love Masterchef Australia, I even had a post dedicated to it. Not only did I meet Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris, I COOKED FOR THEM! Yes, hold your horses, it's true. All I have to say is Gary and George are AS cute as we thought they were. What did I make? Good question. I made them a bruschetta antipasti consisting of 3 types of bruschetta: Caramelized onions and walnuts with feta, roasted bell peppers with a honey and lime vinaigrette and mozzarella and last, char grilled zuchini with balsamic and mozzarella. George said his favourite was the roasted bell peppers and mozzarella and Gary loved the caramelized onion and feta concept. Me? I was just ecstatic that they were tasting MY food :') It began in complete Masterchef style with,"Your time starts NOW!" and ended with the,"That's it, time's up." I really don't know how Andy, Ben and Julia did it.
Cookin'

Then George asked me about my dish in complete Masterchef style and I tried my best to answer without fainting, and succeeded! That will have to be my greatest achievement! The minute I heard George and Gary were coming to Bombay, I had made my mind that I HAD to meet them. But never did I ever think that I'd cook for them! It was one of the most exhilarating moments ever.




Gary showing me how they get the contestants to tear up!


George and Gary telling me about my dish.
VERDICT: The bread should have been crunchier and more caramelized and the mozzarella should have been melted. The 3 flavours were really distinct.

In all honesty, Gary and George are one of the cutest and most genuine people I've met and dealing with Bombay crowds can really be hard, even for us. But they handled it so beautifully! In the end, the perfect day: A cuddle from Gary, a dish inspired by Jamie Oliver and George and Gary tasting it and telling me exactly what it needed. I woke up the next day and wondered whether it was all a dream? But then I had these to testify ;)


Gary 

Me: Gary's my favourite.
George: Do you want to give him a cuddle?
Me: YES!
I've never been to Australia, but when I go, I'm heading straight to Fenix and The Press Club!

xoxo
D


2 comments:

  1. When and where was this? I can't believe I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godrej Nature's Basket in Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete