Tuesday 16 October 2012

Teppanyaki.

My first memory of teppanyaki is when Ross from Friends took a girl on a date to a teppanyaki restaurant and bumped into his ex- wife and her lesbian partner. I remember him catching a hot mushroom straight off the teppan into his mouth and spitting it out immediately because it was too hot. Since then, teppanyaki's always seemed fun, spectacular concept as opposed to just ordering your food or helping yourself. It's an art. There are teppanyakis in Vegas where they have a chef who is their star performer and people come just to see him. Why am I telling you all this? It's just my introduction to my post about the Teppanyaki Night at Shiro!

The stage.
Cheers!
(The green apple and peach sparkling wine)
It's the first time I went to Shiro and had an amazing time. The ambiance is amazing with the stone Buddhas, I love the high ceilings and the music's great. The chef started off with some tricks with his spatulas and made some rice and noodles. He then broke some eggs, which was also quite entertaining. We all had drinks as we watched this. I had the sparkling green apple and peach wine with vodka and some red wine sangria, both of which were really good. There were entrees to go around: Sushi and Chili Potato. Now sushi isn't usually my favourite but I LOVED the Crispy Spicy Avocado Sushi. Then we took our places on the tables to enjoy the food properly. The rice had a nice sticky texture but a bit too peppery for me. The noodles with vegetable butter were also really nice. There were too kinds of chicken which were really well cooked. There were prawns with some goat's cheese which were really light and fresh and the basa was also enjoyable.

All in all, I'd say go there for the experience. I had an amazing night with great company and at the end, was completely stuffed. ChicChick went with me as well, you could ask her!

Stay Hungry!

xoxo
D

No comments:

Post a Comment