Saturday 11 June 2016

The Brookie Story.

It's that time of the year again, Masterchef fever is upon me and my head is buzzing with new ideas and inspiration. There is just so much to learn from Masterchef Australia. Even when I was at Le Cordon Bleu last year, completing my Grand Diplome, I came home everyday, to my tiny studio apartment in London and watched Masterchef Australia. 


As a cook, there is just so much to learn. So much creativity, so much inspiration and I'm not going to lie, I get teary eyed REALLY often. Whenever I feel like I'm being lazy or in a rut, I just switch on an episode of Masterchef and I feel like it's been a useful 60 mins. Seeing Reynold from last year set a Pressure Test this year just makes me feel more confident about achieving my goals.

Any who, enough of my gushing, I'm just writing this post to tell you that I made Harry's Brookies from Nigella's Midnight Feast Challenge last week cause I just couldn't get them out of my head. Also, I don't know whether it's just this year, but I discovered that most of the recipes are up on http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/masterchef/recipes/all-recipes


I was just SO SO SO excited to discover this and I checked out the recipe and made Brookies immediately after I was done watching the episode. Also since so many of you reciprocated my excitement, I thought this post was in order :)


Brookies : pre-oven




Okay, so I though I'd tell you a few things they don't tell you in the recipe and hopefully they'll help achieve the desired results!

- Use the best quality chocolate cause the chocolate is the predominant flavour and if you use rubbish chocolate, your Brookies are going to taste rubbish.

- Cook the Brookies in the oven for EXACTLY 15 minutes if you're doing them the same size I did because if you leave them in even a little bit longer, they'll just turn into hard biscuits with no gooey, brownie-like centre.

- It's also really important to note that they harden considerably as they cool so DON'T think that they're under cooked if they look slightly runny in the oven and leave them in for longer.





TA DA YOUGAIZ!


Alright, so that's the end of my sermon, I know a lot of you (like me) wanted to make these at home after watching the episode so I thought why not make your lives just a tad easier!

Here's the link to Harry's recipe : http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/masterchef/recipes/dark-chocolate-brookies
Hope this was slightly helpful!

(Also guys, how proud are you of the fact that I've post TWO blog posts so close to each other? Hopefully, I can keep this streak going ;)

Happy Baking!

xoxo
D

No comments:

Post a Comment