Saturday 28 April 2012

Ratatouille.

Pronunciation: (rat-a-too-ee)

I know. I loved the movie as well. Everything about it, the setup being in Paris, beautiful French music playing throughout and mainly, it was about FOOD. 
The movie is about a rat who wants to become a chef. I can SO relate to that! Because I wanna become a chef too, not because I'm a rat. Which I'm not. So anyway, he does become a chef in the end and everyone's happy. The movie was Oscar nominated and it really deserved it.








This post is about the actual dish. So everyone finally knows what it actually is, besides being a very famous Pixar movie. Ratatouille is a dish made with vegetables likes zuchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, aubergines, etc. You make a kind of stew with the tomatoes, place the veggies on top if it very neatly an pop it in the oven for 2 hours.You can also make a kind of vinaigrette to dress it with after it's done. 
So that's what ratatouille is. 

Why did I blog about it? No reason in particular! Just a sudden bout of affection for this wholesome and colourful dish which isn't always given the credit it deserves. The best Ratatouille I've had? I'm still kinda on the quest and will get back to you as soon as I find a winner!

Until then, remember,"Anyone Can Cook!"

xoxo
D

No comments:

Post a Comment