Friday 27 April 2012

Snack.

Okay, is it just me or is this weather getting really intolerable? The humidity is really getting to all of you I'm sure and during this time I've found great things for you to try out! Things you can eat that aren't too heavy and don't make you feel worse than you already are.

Caesar Salad

Onion Rings

Haagen Dazs' Cookies n Cream

Iced Tea



SALADS are something not everyone enjoys but for those of you who do, like me, I've tried some really nice ones which you should as well!
The Arugula, Asparagus & Cranberry Salad from Indigo Deli- It's fresh, a little sour and creamy with a hint of sweetness from the cranberry coulis.

The Caesar Salad from Indigo Deli- No description required, by far the best Caesar I've tasted!

The Thai Crunch Salad from California Pizza Kitchen- It's really light and crispy with a hint of lime and peanut dressing.

ONION RINGS are also very light and summery and a large bowl of them never hurt anyone!

Cafe Mondegar has really nice onion rings if you don't mind a little excess oil!

Oven Fresh has really nice and crispy onion rings with a hint of chaat masala.
Since I'm telling you the best, I should probably also tell you the worst. Don't EVER order onion rings at T.G.I Fridays. You really won't be thanking god for them.

DRINKS are an absolute necessity in summer. It's all you wanna consume actually! Except for the good old and eternal water, here are a few really nice drinks I've had:

Friday's Lemonade at T.G.I Fridays- Just brilliant.

Mango Lassi with Pomegranate at Moshe's- I'm not a real fan of lassis but this one you really can't hate. It's fresh and filling.

Green Apple Soda at Cafe Coffee Day- Always love a good old green apple fizzy drink!

Italian Peach Soda at California Pizza Kitchen- Peachy and delicious.

Iced Tea- A good iced tea is really hard to find and I really haven't found the best yet. Ones that a pretty good are the ones at CCD, Costa and Indigo Deli.
For really bad iced tea, you can go to Moshe's. Shocking, but true.

Hazelnut Smoothie at Oven Fresh- Creamy Hazelnut goodness.

ICE-CREAM : the ultimate summer dessert. No one can go without summer without licking or slurping down one of these heavenly creations.

The Hazelnut Ice-cream at Indigo Deli-  My ultimate favourite and made to perfection with whole roasted hazelnuts.

The Belgian Chocolate Ice-cream from Indigo Deli- Again, heavenly and a perfect combination of sweet and bitter.

The Cookies and Cream Ice-cream from Haagen Dazs- Yummy with gooey bits of cookie in it.

The Raspberry Sorbet from Move-n-Pick- Tart, pink and sexy.






No comments:

Post a Comment