Wednesday 4 July 2012

Jamie Oliver.

My ultimate guru when it comes to food. This guy, just means so much to me and has inspired me so so much. What I love about him? His simplicity. Nothing he cooks EVER seems complicated. Even the way he writes his cookbooks is just so endearing that you believe that you can cook it.

First, a little background check-
Jamie Oliver started cooking at his parents' pub, the Cricketers, in Clavering, Essex at the age of eight, and has gone on to work with some of the world's top chefs. He founded Fifteen restaurant in London. There are now three other Fifteen restaurants in the world: Cornwall, Amsterdam and Melbourne.

In 2005 Jamie led a campaign to improve the quality of school dinners in the UK and through the Feed Me Better movement, caused the government to substantially change its policy. He writes for publications in the UK and around the world, including his own Jamie Magazine.

Yes. So now that you know that he's an established chef and not just someone I have a crush on (even though he is extremely cute ;), let me continue. One of the first apps I downloaded on my ipad was the Jamie Oliver app. It's one of the best things ever! And if you love British food, this man should be your God. Also, his books are just so beautiful that I can read them almost as many times as Harry Potter. And THAT is saying something!

Cuteness overload!
Jamie's Restaurant: Fifteen. Can't wait to go there!

Jamie and pizza: Could it get any better?


So those of you who hadn't heard about Jamie Oliver, now have a fairly clear idea about him and how awesome he is. And those of you who did know about him but didn't like him, I hope you do now :D

Let me conclude with a quote by him "After a couple of drinks, anyone can be a barman!" 
Touche ;)

xoxo
D
                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment