Friday 16 March 2012

LBD.

Okay so in my very first article I’m going to talk about the perfect black dress that every girl must own! Going out to a party, lunch or dinner date, movies or anything? A black dress is always perfect! 


Wanna know where I got the inspiration for my perfect black dress?  One of the classics, with, in my opinion, the most beautiful woman ever. Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. The movie begins with a scene showing Hepburn in a beautiful black Givenchy dress.
And since I always dress a little formally, this dress floored me. 


Little Black Dress : 


The little black dress or LBD as it is popularly known, is a cult that’s going around the world and it makes me wanna mention a little about it.  This is one dress that is always easy to find. 
Obviously you don’t have to wear Chanel, Dior, or any of the high-end brands. You can check out Zara, Forever 21, or Chemistry maybe, but if you don’t want to spend even that much, you can totally hit the local boutiques and get yourself a pretty LBD. 


Here are some of the boutiques to check out in Mumbai : 
Reiss, Waterfield Road, Bandra
God made me Funky, Pali Market, Bandra.
Guapa Chica, Ambedkar Road, Khar .
Soap Opera, Breach Candy, South Mumbai.




Now, the whole beauty of the little black dress is that it’s perfect for any occasion! Going for a formal thing? Wear an LBD, gold jewellery (personally I think it goes best), and tie your hair up. It always makes for a fantastic look! Something informal coming up? Wear an LBD, leave your hair loose, and just a pair of earrings should suffice.


This is a trend that has been in vogue for many years and I don’t think it is fading out any time soon.  So, next time you’re heading some place, wear the Little Black Dress and look fabulous!  


More coming soon. 
Stay chic, stay classy
xoxo
ChicChick 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment