Tuesday 8 January 2013

Eggs.

I'm sorry for the long gap guys! It's exam time. Last papers tomorrow and I'm doomed anyway so figured why not blog instead? So here's what I'm going to talk about today, eggs. One of the most useful mains don't you think? They work with vegetarians and non- vegetarians (most of the time) and you're in the clear. The thing I love about eggs is that there are so many ways to serve them! Fried, boiled, scrambled, poached, you name it! Plus you can use eggs for mains as well as desserts, how convenient of them?

So I'm here to talk about my fav egg dishes and where you can find some of the best. Who doesn't love a good fried egg, sunny side up? The gleaming yellow yolk, the crispy white edges... Mmmm... Fried eggs is one of the first things I learned to make. Okay, not a huge fan of hard boiled eggs but I can totally enjoy a soft boiled egg with it's yolk trickling down some bacon, asparagus and tomato on toast. Are your mouths watering yet? Mine is. Poached eggs are tricky. Every attempt is an independent achievement for me and I can just never depend on my past laurels. But once you get it right, heavenly. It tastes nothing like an ordinary egg. It's creamy and refined. And how about pancakes huh? You need eggs for those too!

My very first poached egg

Almost eggs florentine (fried egg instead of poached) complete with creamed  spinach and caramelized toast

Meanwhile, go try the Eggs Florentine and Eggs Benedict at Indigo Deli and the Egg Curry at Shalimar. They're eggcellent. Really. This is my getting-back-in-action post. Hope you've missed me, I've missed you! It's time for me to hit the books now (literally) 2013, let's begin!

xoxo
D

No comments:

Post a Comment