Friday 25 January 2013

What I Ate On My Birthday: 2013

Even though turning 19 isn't the most amazing thing, you do what you love on your birthday. What do I love? Of course you know! Eating! My nineteenth birthday was a total Eatathon. I've always been one of those annoying people who make everything about themselves ONLY on my birthday though ;) I go as far as making it my Birthday Week and everyone has to tolerate it. This BW was so awesome! It ended with an actual long weekend as well!

Since my dad wasn't there on my actual birthday, we had a family dinner the day before, and by family dinner I mean, Thai Pavilion! Gorgeous, gorgeous food. I had one of the best tom yum soups, grilled prawns, fried lobster, chicken wrapped in banana leaf, spare ribs (which tasted deliciously like pork belly) and for the main course, Red Thai curry with clean, steamed rice.

Mouths watering?
The dessert, water chestnut soaked in rose syrup in a creamy coconut cream with crushed ice, HEAVEN.


Looks as beautiful as it sounds, eh?
Thai Pavilion at the Taj President was a great experience, I highly recommend it for a special occasion.

Moving on, my actual birthday lunch. Let's move a little closer to home for this one shall we? You guessed it right. Indigo Deli with my best friends. I must confess, I forgot to click pictures of this lunch so you're just gonna have to let my writing skills convince you (cough).

ChicChick and I had the Crispy Chicken Burger, one of the best burgers I've had in Bombay for sure with fries and a lovely little coleslaw. My other best friend, let's call her Wag, had the Deli Roast Chicken with mashed potatoes and a lovely roasted garlic. For libation, we an an iced tea each. 2 lemons and one peach. We were way too stuffed for dessert but were still eyeing the 'Make Your Own Sundaes'. We decided all our components before we realized out bodies just wouldn't cooperate. So we've left our sundae with waffles, hazelnut ice cream, Belgian chocolate ice cream dark chocolate fudge, pecans and crumble for the next time ;)

We took home some cupcakes from Le15 anyway. Oreo, Red Velvet, Milk, Peanut Butter, Belgian Chocolate and Chunky Chocolate to be precise :)

Just when you think I couldn't eat anymore, another darling friend, let's call him Pore, surprised me with a box of chocolates from Oven Fresh. This local, homey place has come up with the most amazing truffles and macarons. God bless them.

Taste as good as they look, trust me.
So, that's What I Ate On My Birthday this year. I hope there are many more episodes to come, cause I kinda enjoy them ;) Go try this places out, they're really awesome. And if you have friends as awesome as mine, you have nothing to worry about. It's the perfect recipe- Friends + Food. So that's it from me for now, a year older, hopefully a year wiser and definitely a year hungrier!

xoxo
D




No comments:

Post a Comment