Sunday 23 December 2012

JDF: Shortbread.

Shortbread has got to be one of the easiest things I've ever made and it tastes so divine! All you need is some butter, sugar, flour and cornflour an you're good to go. Of course Jamie does make everything so simple but I'm serious. There is something so British about shortbread and I just love how it melts in your mouth. Once you've made a batch, you can use it with cheesecakes, pies and ice cream. It's just a life- saver.

Ready? Okay!



This is the first time I made shortbread and it turned out great! And just in time for Christmas too! Look how gorgeous it turned out 

Mouths watering? Mine sure is!
Tips I'd give-
  • Follow the recipe. It's unbelievably easy!
  • When rolling out the dough, don't stress. It's gonna turn out okay if you've got the correct amounts of the ingredients.
  • Add some cinnamon, maple syrup or rose syrup to spice it up. If you don't want to, the original tastes brilliant by itself so not to worry!
As always, here's the master's recipe which I now handover to you http://www.oprah.com/own-anna-kristina-grocery-bag/The-Best-Shortbread-in-the-World . Get busy cooks! It's Christmastime and no matter how many sweet things you make they're never enough, so get cracking! Send me pictures if you do try it out :)

Happy Holidays!
D



No comments:

Post a Comment