Friday 21 December 2012

Inside...



It's four days to Christmas so here's my special Inside just for the occasion! As you all know by now, Indigo Deli's one of my favourite restaurants and it seemed only fitting to find out the secrets behind all this amazing food! So behold, in this post I'll tell you about their latest Gourmet Ice Cream station, a chat with Chef JD and a sundae date with Shreya who helped me so much!

Indigo Deli started in 2006 and is a leading deli in Bombay. Their newest baby is the Ice Cream station at Indigo Deli, Palladium. There are 17 ice cream flavours, 2 sorbets and 2 frozen yogurts. They rotate the flavours everyday.

YUMMERS.

I tried 3 flavours; Strawberry Cheesecake, Bailey's and Three Chocolates. My fav? Three Chocolates! It's a trio of white, dark and milk chocolate and tastes just heavenly together. Buy a tub, stay under your covers and enjoy!
 


After trying these Shreya told me I HAD to try one of their sundaes and it's really not like me to refuse someone so I gave it a go ;)
The sundae I ordered? The Deli French Toast Sundae. Absolutely divine. Warning, don't think you can finish it all by yourself cause you can't! Moist French toast, orange segments, hot cointreau fudge, fresh cream and spiced pecan. Heaven.

Deli French Toast Sundae. Muahahaha!
I then had a little talk with Chef JD about how they work. They use seasonal produce and import the stuff that are really not available here like hazelnuts, the rest is all local. Their specials are decided by the chefs and the young budding chefs they have in the kitchen. Sometimes they're responsible for sides or even entire dishes! What a fun place to work eh? 


Where the magic happens...
Since this IS a Christmas Special, let me give you a few tips for a better Christmas; Go try Indigo Deli's new Christmas menu, go and make yourself your own Christmasy sundae- cinnamon, rum, cream if you know what I mean ;) my friends at Indigo Deli will oblige! Above all, have a happy Christmas with loads of good food! Forget about the diet, it's the holidays! You guys are also most welcome to send me food, all in the spirit of Christmas ofcourse ;) and last of all, COOK. Experiment, come up with new dishes, I'm sure that's what I'm gonna do!

As the Brits say, Happy Christmas!

Happy holidays,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment