Saturday 29 September 2012

Indigo.

This post has been long overdue. Actually, it's quite shocking that me, such a lover of Indigo Deli waited this long to dedicate a whole post to this. The reasons being, I'm so engrossed in the food that I rarely take pictures, the place is so familiar to me now that I sometimes forget that I could criticize and blog about it. What I love about Indigo Deli is how every dish tastes different and amazing and my whole family would testify to that. So if you ever go to Indigo Deli and are confused about what to have, tweet me and ask me ;)

So, I finally wrote this post because I recently attended a session by Rahul Akerkar at Indigo, Colaba. I'd never been to just Indigo otherwise, just the Deli. I'd never been somewhere so food-centric before and I was in heaven! Rahul taught us to make the new antipasti menu at Indigo.

ON THE MENU:
  • Trio of Tartare- Beef tartare, Spicy tuna tartare and Beetroot tartare.
  • Seafood Ceviche with Bacon Popcorn.
  • Spanish Fritata.
  • Mushroom and Almond Pate with Pan Roasted Mushrooms.
  • Roasted Artichoke, Fennel and Lemon.

I arrived at Indigo not in the best of moods cause I'd rushed from college, didn't exactly know the place and the rain poured down on me while I was on the hunt. So I reached Indigo wet, annoyed and slightly shivering. But after the welcome sangria, nothing could stop me from having one of the most exciting afternoons of my life (mind you, the alcohol had nothing to do with it :P)

Rahul started with the trio of tartares and needed a few of us to make some alongside him. It was all so Masterchef and so Masterclass!

                                     Trio of tartare- from left to right- Beef; tuna; beetroot.

I'm pretty conventional when it comes to food and the idea of meat not cooked on a flame never really appealed to me. They always said that the acidity of the vinegar did technically cook it but I wasn't convinced. Until I tried this and LOVED it! Just so you know, the one above is the one we made and not Rahul. Yeah, you better believe it ;) I also made my first quinelle :D

                                                       Seafood ceviche with bacon popcorn.


This was by far my favourite! Fresh, light and garnished with popcorn fried in bacon fat. Yummers all the way!

                                                                       Spanish fritata.


I'm not a fan of fritatas in general but I quite liked this one. My favourite veggies in a kind of Spanish omelette!
Mushroom and almond pate with pan roasted mushrooms.


Beautifully rich and wonderfully creamy, I loved this dish! If you love mushrooms, you have to try this!



                                                    Roasted Artichokes, fennel and lemon.

A really light, tart and fresh dish with just the right amount of creaminess given by the pesto. This is Deepti Dadlani's favourite!

All in all, I had the best afternoon, talking to foodies, watching Rahul Akerkar cook with a really cool sense of humor and being called 'their No.1 fan' by Deepti Dadlani while sipping on white wine sangria, red wine sangria and a pina colada ;) Haha, I guess I am ;)

Hope you guys enjoyed this sort of 'Inside'!

Stay Hungry!

xoxo
D




No comments:

Post a Comment