Friday 23 November 2012

JDF: Meringues.

It's been a while since my last JDF hasn't it? I'm sorry. But I couldn't just blog about the dessert without actually making it myself cause that's not what I vowed to do. So, without further ado, meringues!

Ready? OKAY!

The first time I had a meringue was at a Good Foods store in London. This was the first time I made some myself and Jamie made it SO easy! Doesn't he always though? Okay that's enough gushing. If you guys don't  know what meringues are, they're light and sugary biscuit kinda things which you've just got to try! Meringues are real easy to make, consisting of just 3 ingredients:

And into the oven they go!
  • Egg whites
  • Caster sugar
  • Pinch of salt

Then of course you can add you own subtle flavours and also make a pavlova! I made Oreo meringues by adding crushed Oreo cookies to the mixture. There are dozens of other flavours you can come up with!

Mmmmmmm...
My next JDF will be Eton Mess whose key ingredient is meringues! As always, here's the recipe: http://www.oprah.com/own-anna-kristina-grocery-bag/Jamie-Olivers-Basic-Meringue-Recipe
Meringues are one of the easiest desserts to make! I literally have no tips to give you! If you have any questions or problems, you know where to tweet me :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

xoxo
D

No comments:

Post a Comment