Sunday 26 August 2012

Inside...






Okay, so after Le15, my second feature is a little more homely. Rebecca of Becky's Chocolates started her culinary journey when she was in the 9th standard at Hayley's in Bandra where she learned how to make wedding cakes and others of the sort. Her mom did her diploma in chocolate making and passed on her wisdom to Becky. "It's a joint effort, but I wrap better than my mom!" says Becky.

I was lucky enough to see her in action:

Let's begin! Becky's chocolate maker.

Stuff you need.

Callebaut chocolate.

Melting chocolate in the double boiler because the chocolate's too little to use the chocolate maker (just enough for me ;)


Roasting almonds for the Almond Rocks.

Mmmmmmmmmm...

Straining the raisins soaked in rum for 6 months. Whoa.

Mixing the almonds in the chocolate cause they need to be covered all through.

Dropping them in the moulds.



Me having a go!


Making almond rocks.

Almond rocks ready to wrap!

Becky wrapping the rum and raisins #likeaboss

The finished product :)

Becky thanks me for my patience ;)

Thaaaat's right, I get to take these home :D

I know what you're thinking, lucky me. I wouldn't disagree! Becky showed me first hand how she makes her chocolate, on a smaller scale ofcourse! Cause she couldn't really use the big guns just for me :P
Becky's Chocolates make chocolates for Diwali, Christmas, Easter and Weddings. They also take corporate orders.

     

You can also LIKE Becky's Chocolates on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/BeckysChocolates 

Hope you enjoyed this feature of mine! Staaaay Hungry!

xoxo
D

No comments:

Post a Comment