Friday 3 August 2012

Cinnamon.

Who else was totally love struck by Jamie Oliver on Masterchef Australia? The way he cut the zuchinni, the way he cut his basil up and the way he mashed up his bruschetta topping with a bottle of olive oil <3 So inspirational and so full of life. A food post after a while, this one's about one of my most favourite dessert ingredients: Cinnamon.



There are two schools when it comes to this bark, you either hate it or love it. I, come from the second school, obviously, cause it just seems stupid to rant about something you hate. (Haha look at me being patronizing, I do it ALL the time :P). So anyway, what I love most about cinnamon is how strong the flavour is. There's nothing subtle about it which why I love it so much. It's always the most dominating flavour in any dessert and doesn't just sit on the sidelines, something that I like to identify myself with ;) Most of my favourite desserts have cinnamon in them and if you're a Cinnafreak like me, here are a few amazing cinnamon infused eats for you to gorge on!

  • Cinnabon- Okay, this is Cinnaheaven. They have a lot of options but my favourite is the classic Cinnamon Sticks. Light, sweet and still filling it's my ultimate Carter Road snack!


  • Cinnaster- This is a doughnut from MOD which I love. Classic again, with just a dusting of sugar. YUM.

  • Carrot and Marzipan Cake- You'll find this one at Moshe's and you'll love with its white marzipan icing!

  • Apple Pie- NO apple pie is complete without a hint of cinnamon! Try apple pies at Indigo Deli, Pizza By the Bay and Cafe Leopold.

When I cook, I've put cinnamon in Banana Bread which is also heavenly. I also pop a stick cinnamon in my mouth instead of a mint. THAT'S how much I love it! Hope this awakened a few taste buds! That's always the aim ;)

xoxo
D

No comments:

Post a Comment