Friday 25 May 2012

Masterchef Australia

Here and now and I'm feeling fine! Hang on cause it's a crazy riiiiide!



Masterchef Australia has to be my favourite culinary show on television. There's something pure and genuine about it which no other culinary show has.Masterchef USA was a major disappointment according to me and Gordon Ramsey just made it another Hell's Kitchen. He was everything that Masterchef isn't. Normally, the American versions of most of the shows are the most popular but I'm gonna have to disagree strongly when it comes to Masterchef.

Masterchef Australia was the 1st of the Masterchefs to be aired in India and all of us, I'm sure developed an immediate liking towards George and Gary. Their jolly and fun personalities are really hard to hate. Matt Preston got his credibility to this show, being a world famous food critic. His fashion, though, really has no credibility and often gives me the impression of a gay giant. The 2nd season, which they aired in India had no adverts in the beginning! But then as its popularity grew, so did the ads. Masterchef Australia stands out because of many outstanding qualities- Firstly, I think that it is the only culinary show which concentrates so much on the food and the content in each episode. Each episode is just so wholesome that it never feels like a waste of time. The amazing Australian produce just gets me excited beyond words and I'd give anything to enter that Masterchef pantry. Yes, definitely on my list of fantasies. Secondly, like most shows are, Masterchef Australia never tries to encourage backbiting and badmouthing amongst the contestants. This is such a relief, because after watching shows like The Bachelor and Keeping Up with the Kardashians (don't judge me, it's hilarious) a gold old diplomatic stance is all we need.

GARY 


Yes, I love Gary. He's one of the main reasons I love Masterchef Australia SO much. I love how sarcastic and snide he is and I just love him and George together. It would be my ultimate dream to cook in a kitchen with Gary Mehigan. My absolute favourite Masterchef judge! He's always there to help anyone with any food emergency and I just adore him. Without him, Masterchef would be a lot less beautiful.

GEORGE


The cute, bald and always jumpy George Calombaris! He's the perfect company for Gary and both of them together can just bring any house, in this case, kitchen down! One of the things we didn't know about dear old Georgie is that he was once Gary's apprentice! Yes. Wow.

MATT PRESTON




Will have to be my least favourite Masterchef judge. His size is almost unattractive, his superiority complex is annoying and his dressing sense is just stupid. Don't get me wrong, he's one of the best food critics and stuff but when I look at him I feel like he really shouldn't be eating anymore :P



All in all, I love this show and if you have a real passion for food, this is the only show that fulfills that passion completely. Other shows that aren't half bad are, Come Dine with Me on BBC ENTERTAINMENT but be prepared for a lot of badmouthing and other such reality tv-ish qualities. Nigella on TLC, if you don't mind her annoying way of talking seductively about food and just MAYBE Masterchef USA, which according to me has completely ruined the Masterchef tradition. So watch it if you wanna hear Gordan Ramsey get unnecessarily angry over food and abusing it and its chefs.

Until then, I hope you'll are watching and enjoying Junior Masterchef Australia as much as I am! My fav is Pierre. Who's yours?

xoxo
D

No comments:

Post a Comment