Tuesday 14 May 2013

Week 4.

DAY 1

PASSION FRUIT MOUSSE WITH RASPBERRY COMPOTE
Light, creamy passion fruit mousse with a tart raspberry topping. The perfect combination. 
DAY 2


CELERIAC VELOUTE
Yep, that's how we serve it in the restaurant biz :)
To make eating soup less monotonous, we added a quinelle of olive tepenade and a lovely light, hazelnut dressing. Winner.

PORK WITH PRUNES
This is a classic comforting stew. Perfect for a rainy day with rich, sweet flavours.
DAY 3: POP UP RESTAURANT NIGHT (I'll tell you about it soon enough)


DAY 4

POTATO PANCAKE WITH POACHED EGG, GRILLED ASPARAGUS & HOLLANDAISE
The perfect hangover curing brunch. After a night of service, this is exactly what we needed.


CHICORY, BLOOD ORANGE AND FETA SALAD WITH SPICY NUTS
Doesn't this just look like summer in a plate?

PANFRIED SEABREAM WITH MIXED PEPPER ESCEBECHE WITH AN OLIVE TEPENADE AND FRIED CALAMARI
My favourite fish dish we've made so far. An escebeche is something mixed with oil and vinegar, like a relish. The roasted peppers taste delicious and with the fried squid, this is a restaurant dish.

STEAK & CHIPS
Classic pub food.

ALMOND & PISTACHIO LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE
My family just loved this cake. Dense, rich and comforting with a tang of lemon to compliment the sweet, rich cake. Love.

TART TARTIN
This is a classic French apple tart. Tedious, but delicious
So that was my last week at cookery school. I had the best time of my life here and will miss my fellow cooks and my mentors. It was a tiring four weeks but so, so worth it. I hope this isn't my last time in a working kitchen, I certainly hope not cause I love the #ChefLife.

A month of great food, work and happiness that I wouldn't trade for anything.

Hope you enjoyed my journey as much as I did :)

If you want to say anything, please do in the comments below!

xoxo
D

1 comment:

  1. Which cookery school were you in? and where do you do your internship? :)

    ReplyDelete