Monday 30 April 2012

My SRK Moment.

Okay, a little off topic but can't not blog about it. I mean, meeting Shah Rukh Khan isn't something you can keep under wraps for long, no matter how 'cool' you try to be. I couldn't have asked for a better time and place to meet him. It was as if the gods had finally put their everything into this meeting. Too dramatic? Get used to it cause I MET  SHAH RUKH KHAN!

I'm not usually the crazy-after-celebs types but there are some people who definitely do this to me and Shahrukh's definitely part of this list. Who else is a part of it? Matthew Perry cause he played the legendary Chandler Bing without whom I can't imagine my life, Daniel Radcliffe for playing Harry Potter, my first love and Leonardo Dicaprio for being Jack Dawson. I'd be definitely as excited if I met either of these beautiful people. But my SRK moment, oh my god. Everyone who's on my speed dial knows what this meant to me and has also heard my narration of this blessed event (some more than once).

I was in Jaipur and accompanying my dad for the IPL. I'm not that much into cricket myself but the IPL does get me excited. I know many cricket lovers will loathe me for saying this cause the Test matches are the real cricket and one-days are the real nail biters and blah blah blah! But I'm going to have to disagree. For a teenager who didn't know what an inning was till the 7th standard, who has very little patience and who loves movies, the IPL is JUST right. 20 overs- Manageable. Bright coloured jerseys- Enjoyable. Music at every 4, 6, catch, run out and end of over- Fun. And the prospect of meeting Shah Rukh at a KKR game- Exhilarating. So in short, if you haven't guessed it already, I love the IPL and have been supporting the Kolkata Knight Riders since the 1st season. Okay, it MIGHT have started out just for the King who's knights they are but now I honestly love the team and know the players. For real.

Getting back to my moment. There was a KKR match when I was in Jaipur, couldn't have been luckier!
So there I was, at the game, proudly sporting my KKR jersey at an away game, cheering for my team at the top of my voice and a little conflicted when Rajasthan lost a wicket due to my affection for Rahul Dravid. When suddenly, out of nowhere, people silently entered our box and waited. They were waiting for someone else to enter and there just like that out of nowhere, SHAHRUKH KHAN entered our box!!! My heart literally skipped a beat. He came in, giving his acquaintances his typical hugs and kisses and turned around for a moment. At that moment I looked into his sunglasses and Ajab Si started playing in my head. Then he looked in front again and in a swift movement, climbed into the stand ahead to watch his team play more closely. Cricket fans might pelt stones at me for this statement but I had no idea what was happening in the match from then on. All I could think about was Don, Rahul, Om, Veer and G.One so close to me. Then eventually I was introduced and we got a picture together. He expressed his happiness at me supported Kolkata and I retorted saying that everyone around me wasn't too happy and he gave me a thumbs up for it.
After that I went crazy bombarding all the social networking sites I was a part of with my picture and my joy.

Shah Rukh was dressed in a navy KKR tee which looked SO good on him with his Tag Heur Glasses hung on the neck of the tee. He also wore aviators and his hair looked just like in the movies. I was wearing Forever 21 shorts, my KKR jersey and Tommy Hilfiger chappals- the perfect outfit for a match. More about that in my next post for sure :) Till then, feast your eyes on this picture. I sure have.



xoxo
D

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete