Thursday 25 April 2013

Week 2.

DAY 1

OATMEAL RAISIN SCONES
This was the first time I ever made scones and I loved them! Light, buttery goodness and so so comforting. I'm not a fan of raisins in my food so when I make these again, they'll be without them.

AUBERGINE & LENTIL MOUSSAKA
A Greek dish, this was really interesting. Vegetarians (not the picky ones) will just love it cause I sure did. French lentils sauteed in mild spices and then baked with charred aubergines, tomatoes and a bechamel sauce. Rustic and filling.

PECAN & COCONUT TART
Don't worry all you Bounty haters, you can't taste the coconut in this tart. It's plainly for texture. This tart is warm, sweet, rich and rustic- I just love it. Pecans and syrup go so well together and making pastry isn't all that hard (anymore ;)
 DAY 2

CARB LOAD
Day 2 of Week 2 was bread making day. So so stressful and so so time consuming. I'm glad we have people who do that for us. The ultimate result is beautiful so if you're fond of bread, which I'm not, you should definitely give it a try. Especially if handling sticky dough and getting covered in flour is something you think you'd like :)

CHORIZO, NEW POTATO & GREEN BEAN SALAD
I just loved this warm salad. Crisp, new potatoes fried off in some chorizo oil, fresh green beans and salad leaves to finish it off. Just great.

BRAISED DUCK LEGS
Perfect Sunday dinner. The duck was succulent, falling off the bone and went just really well with the cabbage and mash. Fulfilling.

CHOCOLATE FONDANT WITH SALTED CARAMEL ICE CREAM
Now that I have your attention, let me tell you that all you're thinking is true. This dessert was heaven. How could it not be? Warm chocolate cake with chocolate oozing from the middle with one of the best ice cream flavours ever. JUST OH MY GOD.
 DAY 4

SEAFOOD CHOWDER
I'm not fond of such creamy soups, but if you like chowder, you'd love this one. Smoked haddock and salmon in a creamy soup garnished with fresh parsley and Cayenne pepper.

CANDIED BEETROOT SALAD
This was such a pretty salad. Made with a combination of regular beetroots and candied ones which are a really pretty shaded colour, this salad was great. Feminine and delicious topped with feta and pecans.

VICTORIA SPONGE
Surprisingly, this was the first time I made this classic cake, and it's so bloody easy! Moist, sponge cake sandwiched with whipped cream and raspberry jam. Bliss.
 DAY 5

RISOTTO WITH PICKLED MUSHROOMS AND CAULIFLOWER PUREE
I know what you're thinking. You know I'm a Masterchef fan so obviously I am too. "No one's got a risotto right in the Masterchef kitchen." This one was close enough. Pretty good for a first attempt if I might say so myself. What do you think?

COD WITH CHARRED LEEKS AND PICKLED CAULIFLOWER
Delicate dish with delicate flavours.

MINI MERINGUES
I think I finished all of these that day. So light, crunchy and melted straight in your mouth. Love.
As you can see we definitely moved on to more complex stuff. Hard, hard work. I think that'swhy I haven't put on any weight ;) Well, works for me! Hope you enjoyed this pictures as much as you did the last. How am I? Exhausted. But you've got to work to chase your dreams. Did I just get preachy? Oh well, I guess that's what dedication does to you :)

Stay Hungry

xoxo
D

2 comments:

  1. Please share the recipes of the desserts....they look divine :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I'll be posting my own versions of these recipes soon :)
    Thanks again for reading, LIKE us on Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete