Tuesday 17 July 2012

Broke!

Is it just me or is everyone feeling a little ripped off? I start my day with a loaded wallet, and just a bite or two  here and there later, my wallet is CONSIDERABLY lighter. All I'm saying is, food just didn't cost so much back in the day. Haha I'm a teen so that can't be very long ago :P

One of the worst feelings is when you leave a restaurant feeling hungry and ripped off. This is how I've been feeling lately (when I don't have my parents to pay the bill ;). I recently had a meal at Cafe Mondegar and left there hungry and broke. Now that is not a good way to feel. All I ordered was an Iced Tea, Chilli Cheese Toast and a dismal portion of chopped up Sausages with Chilly and Garlic and I was already grabbing on to my wallet for dear life. Why can't casual restaurants just be more affordable? Or if not, at least increase the portion so that it fills at least one stomach, forget 3 other friends sharing!

PLACES FOR YOU PALATE WHICH IS EASY ON YOUR WALLET:
  • Eat Around the Corner- Bandra
  • Oven Fresh- Shivaji Park
  • Madras Cafe- Dadar
  • Prakash- Shivaji Park (Refer to blogpost 'Roots')
  • Tibbs Frankie- Shivaji Park, Phoenix, etc.
  • Right Place, Kemps Corner
  • Maroosh- Phoenix, Carter Road, Opp Sterling Theatre
Those are about all I can think of now. Great food and great prices. I hope it's been helpful and I hope you don't have to face the terrible situation that I've been facing.

Stay Hungry.

xoxo
D

No comments:

Post a Comment